Welcome to the Brain xQTL Serve
This is a resource for assessing the impact of genetic variation on multiple types of molecular traits derived from the human brain cortex:
- Data underlying this project was generated from the ROS and MAP studies (and available through Synapse).
- Gene expression quantitative trait loci (eQTLs) are based on 494 individuals, and 13484 expressed genes.
- DNA methylation quantitative trait loci (mQTLs) are based on 468 individuals, and 420103 methylation sites.
- Histone acetylation quantitative trait loci (haQTLs) are based on 433 individuals, and 26384 acetylation domains.
Ng B, White CC, Klein H, Siebert SK, McCabe C, Patrick E, Xu J, Yu L, Gaiteri C, Bennett D, Mostafavi S*, De Jager PL*. “An xQTL map integrates the genetic architecture of the human brain's transcriptome and epigenome.” Nature Neuroscience. 2017.
Lists of significant and genome-wide associations, results of mediation analysis and cell-specificity test, as well as code for x-QTL-weighted GWAS are available:
- SNP information (minor allele, position) is available here.
- eQTL associations, passing Bonferroni threshold, data can be dowloaded here and genome-wide association statistics are here.
- mQTL associations, passing Bonferroni threshold, can be downloaded here and genome-wide associations statistics are here.
- haQTL associations, passing Bonferroni threshold, can be downloaded here and genome-wide association statistics are here.
- Cell-specificity pvalues for all eQTLs are available here.
- Association pvalues for the mediation test (CIT) are here.
- MATLAB code for our xQTL-weighted GWAS is here.